So you think you’re a seasoned traveler, huh? Your years of experience have prepared you for just about everything that could go wrong on your business trips and you laugh at the amateurs as they squirm to resolve their silly issues. Believe it or not, even the most cautious commuter can make the tiniest mistake that ultimately throws their entire trip out of whack.
Corporate travel management agency, BCD Travel offers the following Top 10 tips for today’s business travellers based on its vast experience in servicing corporate travel clients.
- Factor in time differences when organising your business travel itinerary
- Overestimate the amount of time you’ll need between connecting corporate travel flights
- Keep a photocopy of your passport and other forms of ID with you in case the originals are lost
- Check that your ATM card will be accepted at your destination. If you don’t have a PIN on your credit card, also check that you can sign for business travel expenses (some countries do not allow signatures any more)
- Check whether you need an international drivers’ licence if you are hiring a car overseas
- Check that your mobile phone will work at your corporate travel destination
- If you have recently married or divorced, the name on your passport must be your new name
- Many countries now require six months’ validity on passports for leisure and corporate travel
- Make use of online technology solutions such as TripIt, which updates your itinerary in real time with corporate travel flight updates, weather information etc. (BCD Travel can provide itineraries to its business travel clients in a format that is immediately uploadable onto TripIt)
- Never assume you don’t need a visa – always check before booking business travel!